Pierre Bottineau Library
Computer workstations: 21
The newest old building in
the Hennepin County Library system opened in 2003 at the Historic Grain
Belt Campus. The 1893 Wagon Shed and the 1913 Millwright Shop were
reused and merged with a new structure to create a warm and welcoming,
state-of-the-art library. It is a lively neighborhood gathering place
where people meet, read, and study.
The library and the nearby Bottineau Neighborhood are named for Pierre Bottineau (1817-1895), one of the most colorful characters in early local history. An accomplished guide, trapper, and trader, he spent the prime years of his long, active life opening up the Northwest Corridor communities of the Twin Cities metro area to settlement.